BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company: Carnovo Digital S.L.
Name and position of the person responding:
Ferran Jover (Co-fundador y CEO)
Brief description of company and business model
Carnovo is the first comparator for new car deals in Spain. The idea began at the beginning of 2016 by digitalizing the process of buying a new vehicle. Transparency, convenience and speed characterize the experience with Carnovo, where users can configure the car they want, and get the 5 best and nearest offers. Then, they can specify the conditions of the purchase with the dealer anonymously via chat or phone. Once they have bought the vehicle, they can evaluate the dealership, helping other users who are also looking for a new vehicle. The average car savings comes to over €4,000, making the process of buying a new car economical as well as fast and transparent.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
- Ferran Jover: Chemical Engineer by IQS and MBA by ESADE with over 14 years’ experience in the industry (SEAT).
- Santiago Vernetta: Graduate in Business Administration at the University of Valencia and Marseille with over 9 years of experience with startups in the digital sector.
- Gerard Olivé: Graduate in Audiovisual Communication at Univ. Ramon Llull and co-founder of Antai Venture Builder, Gerard has participated in the creation of startups such as Deliberry and Wallapop.
- Miguel Vicente: Graduate MBA at IE Business School and co-founder of Antai Venture Builder, Miguel has participated in the creation of startups such as Let’s Bonus or Wallapop.
Year of incorporation: 2016
No of employees: 25
Ferran Jover: Co-fundador, CEO.
Santiago Vernetta: Co-fundador, COO.
Gerard Olivé: Co-Fundador and Chairman.
Miguel Vicente: Co-Fundador.
Digital – Auto
Volum of investment taken in:
Main goals achieved:
One year after launch, Carnovo has managed to generate over €50 million in transactions and has grown from a team of four to 25 employees. It currently has 170,000 users who have requested 600,000 offers for different vehicles. In addition, it is in full expansion, which will be carried on gradually over the present year.
Main challenges in the future
Along with expansion in other European countries, Carnovo is immersed in a growth phase, expanding the number of dealers as well as the number of brands available to users. During its second year of life, it is expected sales will grow tenfold.
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
Barcelona is currently considered the perfect city to create a startup in Spain. The number of incubators and startups keeps growing, resulting in considerable concurrence and opportunities for collaboration with other professionals.
Location: Plaça Pau Vila 1, 1ª Planta Sector AD 08039 Barcelona
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
We are profoundly inspired by other Antai Group startups. Seeing the progression and growth of other nearby startups is a great help. The British startups ecosystem is also a model to follow, with good incubators and government aid for entrepreneurs.
Recommended book or books
Predictably Irrational – Dan Ariely
Talent is Overrated – Geoff Colvin
Hooked – Nir Eyal
What websites do you use to keep informed?
In the economic and entrepreneurship we are very much interested in the Economist, Entrepreneur and Emprendedores. In addition, in the automotive field, we specially take into account JATO and certain motor magazines such as Autopista.
What apps you use most on your mobile?
- Glovo: The versatility it provides for ordering food and other products makes it one of the most commonly used apps by the team.
- Verse: To send micro payments between team members at the office, we use Verse.
- Google Drive: The productivity that the Google suite provides large teams is unbeatable.
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
In education, Barcelona has a significant lack of the more technical profiles, such as programmers for example, along with other IT profiles, as well as in Business Intelligence.