BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company:
Name and position of the person responding:
Juan Zamora, CEO and Co-founder
Brief description of company and business model
Signaturit is a trusted service provider that offers innovative solutions to request and send electronic signatures (eSignatures), make certified electronic deliveries (eDelivery) and provide an electronic identification system (eID).
All the trusted services offered by Signaturit comply with both European legislation (eIDAS) and US law (eSigna Act and UETA Act).
Currently, the company has thousands of customers in more than 40 countries, and they are companies that use Signaturit’s trusted services because they want to improve the efficiency of their processes and streamline their daily transactions, both internally and with third parties. In short, they want to digitize their work processes.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
Juan Zamora (CEO and co-founder). Before founding Signaturit he worked in the financial sector for entities such as Banco Sabadell or BBVA. He has a degree in computer science from the Open University of Catalonia and a Master’s degree in Mobile Business and Apps Design from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Javier Martínez (CTO and co-founder). Before founding Signaturit he worked in the pharmaceutical group Bayer and for startups like Baikal or TribalOS. He has technical training in systems administration for the IES Thos and Codina.
Year of incorporation: 2013
No of employees: 53
- Juan Zamora, CEO
- Javier Martínez, CTO
- Nacho Tripero, Head of Finance
- Xavier Ruiz, Sales Manager
- Ricard Bea, Inside Sales Manager
- Mar Romero de Tejada, Marketing Manager
- Mário Santos, Head of Product
- Christian Poch, Head of Customer Success
- Karla Palma, Head of Human Resources
- Edwin Mata, Head of Legal & DPO
Information Technology and Services. SaaS B2B.
Volum of investment taken in
Main goals achieved
Since its launch in 2013, Signaturit has received the trust and support of top-tier investors, such as Banco Sabadell, Bonsai Ventures, the business angels network of ESADE BAN, Faraday Venture Partners or Nero Ventures. The company is also one of the only two Spanish technology companies that has received funds from the Horizon 2020 program of the European Union. In total, the volume of investment captured so far by the project has been 3.4 million euros. In parallel, in only 5 years it has formed a portfolio of more than 10,000 users from more than 40 countries.
Main challenges in the future
The main challenge of Signaturit is to expand and consolidate its leadership at European level as a provider of trust services through its commercial network, which structures its offices in Barcelona, Madrid and Amsterdam and Brussels. In parallel, the other challenge shared with the bulk of technology companies is to continue improving their product range and incorporating new technologies. In this sense, the company is already developing pilots that use emerging technologies such as the blockchain.
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
Barcelona has an entrepreneurial ecosystem of first level that allows a technology company such as Signaturit to obtain financing, access a highly competitive talent and be able to present itself in a showcase as attractive as the Mobile World Congress. In our current stage of development, in which we are expanding our team exponentially, Barcelona helps to attract talent thanks to its high quality of life. In addition, our city is increasingly perceived as a global technology hub.
Location: Carrer d’Àvila, 29 (08005 – Barcelona)
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
Recommended book or books
- Scaling Up – How a few companies make it and why the rest don’t – Verne Harnish
- Predictable Revenue – Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com – Marylou Tyler & Aaron Ross
- Your Erroneous Zones – Escape negative thinking and take control of your life – Dr Wayne W. Dyer
What websites do you use to keep informed?
What apps you use most on your mobile?
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
- We would like the city to work to achieve the maximum possible administrative simplification and to favor meeting spaces with qualified investors for companies like ours, in a stage of development that advises giving the leap of business angels and venture capital funds in the large venture capital firms, specialized or not in the technological field.