BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company: MyPoppins
Name and position of the person responding:
Aleix de Castellar, CEO and Cofounder of MyPoppins
Brief description of company and business model
MyPoppins is a technology platform that connects cleaning professionals (Poppins) with users who are looking for a quality, customizable and trustworthy service. It is a home-based service marketplace, flexible and extremely user-friendly. You can reserve a service in less than 45 seconds and pay directly through the platform. Bye bye Cash!
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
- Ruben Vilar, CFO and cofounder of MyPoppins. Freelance IT Manager in several Shanghai projects for multinational companies. Degree in Business Administration and Management and training in programming and technological development. Leads the whole technological part. Responsible for web development beta, definitive website, own software and App. Manage, control and execute the entire development part of MyPoppins
- Marta Caparrós, CMO and cofounder of MyPoppins. Founder and CEO of aussieyoutoo.com, support platform for young people who decide to study in Australia. Leading company in this sector, with a great tour and growth. She studied advertising, RRPP and communication at ESERP. She later studied a Master’s in Communication and a Postgraduate in Marketing at ESERP. Lead all the part of Marketing online and offline, RRSS, user recruitment, branding and engagement.
- Aleix de Castellar, CEO and cofounder of MyPoppins. When he was 23 years old, he founded his first company, Carvings, with another partner. It is a skateboarding and surfing company for children. He was passionate about the entire assembly and launch process. There he discovered that he wanted to ride something big, something scalable. He was the coordinator of ESADE BAN’s network of investors. He studied Business Administration and Management at the University of Barcelona, and subsequently completed a Master’s Degree in Trade and International Finance. He leads the financing part of the company and the internationalization plan.
Year of incorporation: 2016
No of employees: 13
- Ruben Vilar, CFO and cofounder of MyPoppins.
- Marta Caparrós, CMO and cofounder of MyPoppins.
- Aleix de Castellar, CEO and cofounder of MyPoppins.
- Ignasi Tribó COO. 12 years at PWC. He led the entrepreneurial project Fandroid Entertaiment SL. It leads all the part of operations of the company, responsible for the international operations.
Volum of investment taken in:
Main goals achieved:
- Technological platform that allows to execute all the operations of the Marketplace without human intervention.
- Round of investment Seed with main networks of investors Spain
- + 100k GMV in monthly services
- Presence in the main cities of Spain
- Creation of a replicable platform and list for internationalization
Main challenges in the future
- Internationalization and entry into the market of LATAM + Mexico
- Application of machine learning for the user and the Poppins
- Become the reference platform for the recruitment of Facilities Services ondemand
- Open business lines B2B ondemand
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
It is our hometown. In addition, in recent years it has become a benchmark and hub for technology startups. There is a great network of contacts that add value to the company, a very powerful network of investors that not only contribute capital, but knowdlege and thanks to all this structure, is a point where young talent is concentrated.
Location: Barcelona Tech City, Pier 01
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
- Oscar Pierre and the company Glovo
- Howard Schultz, exceo Starbucks
- The Uber’s model
- Stewart Butterfield, founder of Slack and Flickr
- Steve Blank
Recommended book or books
- Tony Robbins: start with why
- Lean Startup by Eric Ries
What websites do you use to keep informed?
- Mobile World Live
- Loogic Startups
What apps you use most on your mobile?
- Uber & cabify
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
We would like to have more programs in Barcelona that would facilitate the connections with the different structures that make up the international entrepreneurial ecosystem. (Angels, VC, accelerators, incubators)