The New Barcelona Post, digital magazine de Aranaz Spínola & Hût.
This privacy statement explains what personal information we collect from our users and how we use them. We invite you to read these terms carefully before providing your personal information on this website.
This website respects and takes care of personal data of users. As a user you must know that your rights are guaranteed.
We have strived to create a safe and reliable space and therefore we want to share our principles with respect to your privacy:
- We never ask for personal information unless it is really necessary to provide the services that it requires.
- We never share personal information of our users with anyone, except to comply with the law or in case we have your express authorization.
The New Barcelona Post has adapted this website to the requirements of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the protection of personal data (LOPD), and in Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, known as the Regulation of development of the LOPD. It also complies with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons (RGPD), as well as with Law 34/2002 of July 11, of Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE or LSSI).
Responsible for the processing of your personal data
- Identity of the person in charge: Aranaz Spínola & Hût
- Commercial name: The New Barcelona Post
- Email: [email protected]
- Activity: Communication and PR
For the purposes of the aforementioned General Data Protection Regulations mentioned above, the personal data that you send us through the forms of the web, will receive the processing of data from “Users of the web and subscribers”.
For the processing of our users’ data, we implement all the technical and organizational security measures established in current legislation.
Principles that we will apply to your personal information
In the treatment of your personal data, we will apply the following principles that meet the requirements of the new European data protection regulation:
- Principle of legality, loyalty and transparency: We will always require your consent for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes that we will inform beforehand with absolute transparency.
- Principle of data minimization: We will only request data strictly necessary in relation to the purposes for which we require them. The minimum possible.
- Principle of limitation of the term of conservation: the data will be maintained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes of the treatment; depending on the purpose, we will inform of the corresponding conservation period, in the case of subscriptions, we will periodically review our lists and eliminate those inactive records for a considerable time.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: Your data will be treated in such a way as to ensure adequate security of your personal data and ensure confidentiality. You should know that we take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access or improper use of our third party data by our users.
How did we get the data?
The personal data we treat in The New Barcelona Post comes from:
- Contact form
- Subscription form
- E-Commerce form
What are your rights when you provide us your data?
Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation as to whether The New Barcelona Post is treating personal information about him or not.
Interested persons have the right to:
- Request access to personal information regarding the interested party
- Request your correction or deletion
- Request the limitation of your treatment
- Oppose treatment
- Request the portability of the data
Those interested can access their personal data, as well as request the rectification of the inaccurate data or, if applicable, request their deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes that they were collected. In certain circumstances, the interested parties may request the limitation of the treatment of their data, in this case we will only retain them for the exercise or defense of claims.
The options to access, modify or delete your data are:
- Apply for change by email: [email protected]
- Using the options offered by Mailchimp email bulletins.
In certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the interested parties may object to the processing of their data. The New Barcelona Post will stop processing the data, except for legitimate legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims. As an interested party, you have the right to receive the personal information that is in your possession, that you have provided us and in a structured format, for common use and mechanical reading, and to transmit them to another person responsible for the treatment when:
- The treatment is based on the consent
- The data has been provided by the person interested.
- The treatment is carried out by automated means.
By exercising its right to the portability of the data, you will have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from responsible to person in charge when technically possible.
Those interested will also have the right to effective judicial protection and to submit a complaint to the control authority, in this case, the Spanish Data Protection Agency, if they consider that the processing of personal data that affect it infringes the Regulation.
For what purpose do we treat your personal data?
In The New Barcelona Post there are different systems for capturing personal information and processing the information provided to us by the interested parties with the following purpose for each capture system (forms):
- Contact form: We request the following personal information: Name, Email, to respond to the requirements of users of The New Barcelona Post. For example, we can use this data to respond to your request and respond to the doubts, complaints, comments or concerns you may have regarding the information included on the web, the services that are provided through the web, the treatment of your personal data, issues related to the legal texts included on the web, as well as any other queries you may have and that are not subject to the conditions of hiring. They inform you that the data you provide us will be located on Siteground Spain S.L. B87194171, (The New Barcelona Post’s provider) servers within the EU.
- Content subscription form: In this case, we requested personal information: Name, Email, to manage the subscription list, send newsletters, promotions and special offers, provided by the user when making the subscription. There are several forms on the web to activate the subscription. The newsletters or newsletter are managed by MailChimp. We inform you that the data you provide us will be located on the servers of MailChimp (provider of The New Barcelona Post) outside the EU in the US. Mailchimp is hosted by the EU-US Privacy Shield, the information is available here, approved by the European Data Protection Committee.
- E-Commerce form: We expose some forms to the user wich the user can buy products based on the contractation specifications. On this process, we will require from de user data like: name, surname, DNI, email, address and phone. This data will be used by the payment gateway.
There are other purposes for which we treat your personal data:
- To guarantee compliance with the applicable conditions of use and law. This may include the development of tools and algorithms that help this website to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal data it collects.
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
We also collect other non-identifying information that is obtained through some cookies that are downloaded to the user’s computer when browsing this website that we detail in the cookies policy.
To manage social networks, The New Barcelona Post can have a presence on social networks. The treatment of data carried out by people who follow the social networks on the official pages of thenewbarcelonapost.com will be governed by this section. As well as for those conditions of use, privacy policies and access regulations that belong to the social network that proceed in each case and previously accepted by the user. The New Barcelona Post will treat your data in order to properly manage your presence on the social network, reporting on activities, products or services of The New Barcelona Post. As well as for any other purpose that the regulations of social networks allow. In no case will we use the profiles of followers on social networks to send advertising individually.
In accordance with the provisions of the general regulation of European data protection (RGPD) 2016/679, The New Barcelona Post with domicile Via Laietana 32-34, Barcelona, will be responsible for the processing of the data corresponding to users of the website and subscribers.
The New Barcelona Post, does not sell, rent or transfer personal data that can identify the user, or will do so in the future, to third parties without prior consent. However, in some cases collaborations with other professionals can be carried out, in these cases, consent will be required to the users informing about the identity of the collaborator and the purpose of the collaboration. It will always be carried out with the strictest safety standards.
The remarketing feature allows us to reach people who have visited The New Barcelona Post previously and associate a specific audience with a specific message. Remarketing is a method to get the users who have visited our site to do it again.
The information we collect thanks to this feature is collected by Facebook cookies. You can know the data that compiles these cookies in the following privacy policies of each service:
This type of services allows you to interact with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this website. The interactions and information obtained by this website will always be subject to the privacy settings of the user in each social network. In the event that a service is installed that allows you to interact with social networks, it is possible that, although users do not use the service, this will collect web traffic data relative to the pages in which they are installed.
In thenewbarcelonapost.com we use Facebook ads, the Facebook advertising platform, which allows us to create campaigns and ads. When you generate an ad, you can segment the audience by:
- Demographic data (age, sex, etc.)
- Interests (activities, hobbies, etc.)
- What they buy on the internet and other channels
Legitimacy for the treatment of your data
The legal basis for the treatment of your data is: the consent.
The prospective or commercial offer of products and services is based on the consent that is requested, without in any case the withdrawal of this consent conditions the execution of the subscription contract.
Also the contracting of products and services according to the terms and conditions that appear in the commercial policy.
The data categories that are dealt with are identifying data. We do not treat specially protected data categories.
How long will we keep your data?
The personal data provided will be preserved:
- While maintaining the commercial relationship.
- Until its removal is requested by the interested party.
- Period after the last confirmation of interest: 1 year.
To whom will the recipients communicate their data?
Many tools we use to manage your data are contracted by third parties. To provide services strictly necessary for the development of the activity, thenewbarcelonapost.com, share data with the following lenders under their corresponding privacy conditions:
- Google Analytics: An analytical web service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company, the main office at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (CA), CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files located on your computer, to help thenewbarcelonapost.com analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie on its use of thenewbarcelonapost.com (including your IP address) will be directly transmitted and filed by Google on the servers of the United States.
- Hosting: Siteground Spain S.L., B87194171, with domicile in Spain. More information at: https://www.siteground.es/. Siteground Spain S.L., treats the data in order to perform its hosting services at The New Barcelona Post.
- E-mail marketing: The Rocket Science Group LLC d / b / a, domiciled in the USA. More information at: https://mailchimp.com/ (The Rocket Science Group LLC d / b / a). The Rocket Science Group LLC d / b / a treats the data in order to make your email marketing services to The New Barcelona Post.
When navigating through thenewbarcelonapost.com, non-identifiable data may be collected, which may include IP addresses, geographic location (approximately), a record of how services and sites are used, and other data that can not be used to identify the information, user Non-identifying data is also related to their browsing habits through third-party services. This website uses the following third-party analysis services:
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Inside
We use this information to analyze trends, manage the site, track users’ movements around the site and collect demographic information on our user base as a whole.
Secret and data security
thenewbarcelonapost.com commits itself to the use and treatment of the personal data included in the users, respecting their confidentiality and using them in accordance with the purpose of the same, as well as to comply with their obligation to keep and adapt all Measures to avoid unauthorized alteration, loss, treatment or access, in accordance with the provisions of current data protection regulations.
thenewbarcelonapost.com can not guarantee the absolute imprecision of the Internet network and therefore the violation of the data through fraudulent access to them by third parties.
Regarding the confidentiality of the processing, The New Barcelona Post must make sure that any person who is authorized to process the client’s data (including his personnel, collaborators and lenders) will be under the appropriate obligation of confidentiality ( whether it be a contractual or legal obligation).
When a security incident occurs, when realizing The New Barcelona Post, it must notify the Customer without undue delays and must provide timely information related to the Security Incident as it is known or when the Customer asks for it reasonably.
Accuracy and veracity of the data
As a user, you are solely responsible for the veracity and correction of the information you send to thenewbarcelonapost.com exonerating (The New Barcelona Post), of any responsibility in this respect.
Users guarantee and respond, in any case, to the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided, and undertake to keep them duly updated. The user agrees to provide complete and correct information in the contact form or subscription.
Acceptance and consent
The consent given, both for the processing and for the transfer of the data of the interested parties, is revocable at any time communicating it to The New Barcelona Post in the terms established by this Policy for the exercise of ARCO rights. This revocation shall in no case be retroactive.
The New Barcelona Post reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential novelties, as well as industry practices. In these cases, The New Barcelona Post will announce in this page the changes introduced with reasonable anticipation to its implementation.
According to LSSICE, thenewbarcelonapost.com does not perform SPAM practices, therefore it does not send commercial emails that have not previously been requested or authorized by the user. Consequently, in each of the forms available on the web, the user has the possibility to give his consent to receive the bulletin, regardless of the commercial information requested.
In accordance with the provisions of Law 34/2002 on Services of the Information Society and electronic commerce, thenewbarcelonapost.com commits itself not to send commercial communications without identifying them properly.
Revised document on 05-19-2018.