BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company:
Name and position of the person responding:
Eulogi Bordas Casas, CEO and Co-founder
Brief description of company and business model
Photoslurp is an online solution that allows brands to increase sales of their digital channel by up to 15% thanks to the integration of visual, social and purchasable content.
The solution automatically searches for all social visual content (images and videos) where the brand was mentioned. This content is organized in an online management panel where brands access to moderate it, request use rights and link the products that appear. Once this is done, this social content is sent to different points of the purchasing process: online store, emailing campaign, social announcements, etc.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
CEO and Co-founder: Eulogi Bordas. Economist by the UPF. 7 years of experience in business consulting and strategy, and 2 years of experience as General Manager in a startup in the field of HR. In 2015 he joined the Photoslurp project as a co-founder and CEO.
CTO and Co-founder: Ben Heinkel. German / Indian. Computer engineer. 10 years of experience in IT security consulting for the banking sector. Founder of an sustainable and ecological fashion online store in India. In 2013, he establishes the bases of the technological architecture of Photoslurp.
Year of incorporation: 2014
No of employees: 12
- Luisana Cartay, CMO
- Sof Michaels, VP Business Development
- Marisa Bechara, Customer Sucess Manager
Volum of investment taken in
Main goals achieved
- August 2014: Launch of MVP and first payment client
- December 2015: Obtaining a participative loan from ENISA
- December 2016: More than 50 paying customers
- July 2017: Raising of € 750,000 of investment
Main challenges in the future
- Evolve the platform towards a self-service model
Triple the metrics achieved in 2018
Raise a round “Sèrie A” in Q4-2019
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
Barcelona is where the two founding partners reside. Ben, who came from London at the end of 2012, did so to enjoy a better quality of life.
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
As a model to follow: The approach to the SMB segment that Hubspot makes
As an entrepreneur: Aaron Levie de Box.com
Recommended book or books
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Noah Harari
- Lost and Founder. A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World, by Rand Fishkin
What websites do you use to keep informed?
What apps you use most on your mobile?
- Spark (e-mail and calendar)
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
- More easiness to make hiring (and firing) more economical, as well as grants to request bank loans without guarantees.