BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company: Mammoth Hunters
Name and position of the person responding:
Oriol Roda Noguera / CEO
Brief description of company and business model
Mammoth Hunters is a virtual health and physical activity consultant. Our programs are designed to make people’s lives simple, with 15-minute workouts which can be followed at home, or easy-to-follow nutrition programs. We base our programs on 3 pivots: providing users with knowledge, providing a 100% personalized service, and fostering actions that change habits.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
- Oriol holds a PhD in molecular biology, an MBA, and is an expert in mathematical modeling. After living in Seattle and San Francisco for 5 years, his entrepreneurial spirit awoke and he proposed this project to Néstor.
- Néstor is an expert in health, sports and nutrition with over 15 years of clinical experience. He is a founder of a chain of gyms, has a renowned clinic in Barcelona and gives courses at universities throughout Spain.
- Xavier Vila is a Telecommunications Engineer with 10 years’ experience as a product manager manager
Year of incorporation: 2012
No of employees: 9
Oriol Roda – CEO
Néstor Sánchez – Head of Content
Xavier Vila – CTO
Health & Sport
Volum of investment taken in:
Main goals achieved:
- 500.000 users
- 700.000 visits on the website with a monthly growth of 20%
- We have reached break-even point
Main challenges in the future
- Strategic expansion of content in English & German.
- Technological upgrade.
- Implementation of a YouTube channel
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
- Because it is one of the hubs in southern Europe. A city that gives you the necessary human capital for knowledge-based business.
- The “Barcelona” brand also helps a lot. Throughout the world, the city is perceived as an innovation and creativity centre.
- And because we are Catalan! ?
Location: Villarroel 253, entresòl
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
- Head Space
- Fitness Revolucionario
Recommended book or books
- Cerebro de Pan
- Lean Start up
- 4 steps to epiphany
What websites do you use to keep informed?
- Fitness revolucionario
- Found my fitness
- Tim Ferris
What apps you use most on your mobile?
- Mammoth Hunters
- The Economist Expresso
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
More Risk Inverstors