BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company:
Name and position of the person responding:
Philippe Gelis (Founder/CEO)
Brief description of company and business model
Kantox is a leading fintech company building advanced software solutions that help businesses to overcome complex FX challenges and to increase their revenues and profit margins by leveraging foreign currencies.
Kantox’s expertise and solutions allow businesses to capture FX exposure data and automate their hedging execution, to process international payments in a smart way, as well as simplifying reporting and hedge accounting.
The company have been named winners of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 UK and Fast 500 EMEA Awards for two consecutive years. Over 2,700 clients have already exchanged more than $8.5 billion (USD) with Kantox.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
Philippe Gelis is the Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Kantox. Philippe leads Kantox’s strategic vision and is a standard-bearer in the sphere of fintech. Specialising in finance and company strategy, before founding Kantox he was financial controller at Renault Switzerland and a consultant in strategy and operations at Deloitte. Philippe’s hobbies: Fine wines and pursuing bank malpractice.
Antonio (Toni) Rami is the co-founder and Chief Operating Officer of Kantox. Toni directs the daily operations at Kantox, including international business development. He holds MBAs from ESADE and Singapore Management University, majoring in corporate finance at the latter. Prior to Kantox, he was in venture capital in the biotechnology and tech sectors and served as a strategy consultant at Deloitte. He featured in the 2015 list of “30 under 30” in Emprendedores and in 2016, was recognised as one of The Economic Leaders for Tomorrow by Choiseul 100 Spain.
John Carbajal is the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Kantox. John began his career as a software engineer, later becoming Vice President of engineering at Digital Vision in the United States. He then moved to Intel, working as a Senior Software Engineer. After 5 years at Intel, John moved to Barcelona and started working at HP as a Technology Consultant. Before co-founding Kantox, John founded Fotocodex, a web 2.0 self-publishing service. Addicted to jazz and high fidelity. Travelling.
Year of incorporation: 2011
No of employees: 89
- Michael Schimmel – Chief Commercial Officer
- Marek Fodor – Chairman of the Board and Chief Marketing Officer
- Patricia Jordá – Head of Corporate Strategy
- Meritxell Villacampa – Head of Operations
- Jean-Gabriel Niel – Head of Product
- Genoveva Navas – Head of Finance
- Tim Muehlenbach- Head of Partnerships and Bank Relationships
- Ernesto Giralt – FX Director Spain
Volum of investment taken in
Main goals achieved
- Ranked #63 on the Financial Times List of the 1,000 fastest growing companies in Europe (April 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2016 and 2017 EMEA Winners
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 UK 2016 and 2017 Winners and Fast 500 EMEA
Main challenges in the future
- At this moment we are focused on consolidating and completing our product supply in order to offer companies 360º financial solutions that cover currency risk management, international transfers and accounts (IBANs) in foreign currencies. At the same time, we are developing strategic alliances with national and international banks that will help us grow in a sustained and efficient manner.
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
Barcelona is a reference for innovation and entrepreneurship and a hub for attracting international talent. The quality of life is also excellent, and we see it as an ideal place to develop ideas and businesses.
Location: London and Barcelona
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
Recommended book or books
What websites do you use to keep informed?
What apps you use most on your mobile?