BASIC COMPANY INFORMATION
Name of company:
Name and position of the person responding:
Xavier Trallero Guillot (Founder & CEO)
Brief description of company and business model
Airning is an aerial incident management platform, designed for anyone who has problems at the airport. Mainly, we manage flight claims due to delays, cancellations and boarding denials, and we help passengers to defend their rights and receive compensation. Airning has a success fee of 25% of the amount recovered.
CEO + Founding team. Brief description of trajectory
Xavier Trallero Guillot: CEO. Lawyer with national and international experience.
Alan Wagner. Ex-founder Computer engineer, extensive international experience (Amadeus).
Aleix Fajardo: Ex-founder Graduated in Tourism, commercial capacity.
Year of incorporation: 2016
No of employees: 12
- Andrei Boar: COO. Lawyer and economist. Professor of Economics at UPF.
- Carlos Lloret: CTO.
- Albert Andreu: CMO. Specialist in MKT and UX.
- Arnau Moranta: CFO. Entrepreneur, BA and investor.
Volum of investment taken in
Approx. € 250,000
Main goals achieved
- Arrive, in 2 years, at 2 million euros in managed claims.
- Be in the startup ecosystem of Barcelona, with a notable presence in key national and international events (4Y4N, MWC, Btravel Pro, RISE, Noah Conference, Web Summit …).
- Help more than 6,000 people with their flight problems.
Main challenges in the future
- Be the reference in Spain as the problem solver at the airport, consolidate the business model and open other channels, and expand to other countries (mainly Spanish speaking).
Why did you choose to establish the company in Barcelona?
The three initial members of Airning were from Barcelona, and it was the most appropriate for the viability of the company. In addition, the fact that Barcelona is a clear reference in startups and entrepreneurship facilitated the decision to establish the headquarters in Barcelona.
Location: Almogàvers, 165 (08018 – Barcelona)
Inspiration? A model, company or business person/entrepreneur?
Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Spacex.
Recommended book or books
- Dune, by Frank Herbert
- A confederacy of dunces, by John K. Toole
- The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
What websites do you use to keep informed?
What apps you use most on your mobile?
- Whatsapp, Slack and Caixabank.
What else would you like Barcelona to offer?
- Many more help to the self-employed and / or young people to be able to start projects.