The social network LinkedIn has published its annual report on the main trends of the US labor market. The study, which analyses data from the last 5 years as well as data coming from surveys, identifies which jobs and skills are currently on the highest demand.
Specifically, the 5 most promising jobs in the US labor market nowadays, by considering the growth that their respective workplaces have experienced in the last 5 years:
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Sales Development Representative
- Customer Success Manager
- Big Data Developer
The following graph shows the top 20 emerging workplaces according to LinkedIn’s list:
Among the main conclusions of LinkedIn’s report, the following are listed:
- Technology includes the top emerging jobs: the greatest growth potential workplaces are focused on the technological world
- Traditional skills still play an important role today: not all emerging jobs require technical skills. For instance, communication skills as wells as management skills are still very relevant.
- Workplaces with high mobility are growing: this is a reflection of broader social trends such as improved quality of life, flexibility and geographic mobility.
- There is a limited offer for talent in the main workplaces: for instance, the demand for scientists exceeds the current offer.